Warning: daffodils are toxic to dogs.

One of our customers pups had to make an unexpected trip to the vet this week after eating some daffodil bulbs. He is absolutely fine now (phew) but we thought it would be timely to remind our doggy loving friends that spring bulbs, like daffodils, can be deadly if ingested by your dog. Whilst the flower and the leaves are toxic it is a particular part of the bulb that is the most dangerous part so, if you have a dog that likes to dig and scavenge, we would recommend supervision in the garden if you grow these flowers.

Sickness, excess salivation, lack of coordination and collapsing can be symptoms of the poison and if you fear your dog may have ingested the flower then we would recommend you seek immediate veterinary attention.

Please be aware that daffodils are toxic to dogs. Please be aware that daffodils are toxic to dogs.