The HOTTERdog Jumper covers the torso embracing the chest, belly and front legs, and extends to the base of the tail giving maximum warmth and incredible freedom of movement for the tiniest dog or most hectic greyhound.
Strap-free with no pressure points, the jumper is suited for short and long-term wear. Not only is the fleece water-repellent and washable but also it is extremely effective for drying off wet dogs such as working dogs or after swimming or hydrotherapy.
The fleece fabric is expressly designed to wick moisture away from the body into the atmosphere while retaining body heat - a much more effective and comfortable alternative to leaving a dog in a wet towelling bag.
The Hotterdog Fleeces get a huge thumbs up from Just Dogs. We use the fleeces on our dogs Daisy and Sam often throughout the winter months. They are great for use in the very cold seasons and help with reducing the amount of snowballing on our dogs legs when there is heavy snow. They are also useful as we keep Daisy and Sam clipped quite closely even in the winter and if they are feeling the cold we can pop these on and know they will be comfortable.
Many people use them to reduce anxiety in their dogs also in the similar way to the Thundershirt product. Bu applying gentle, constant pressure this can help to calm your dog, effectively aiding anxiety, fearfulness, barking and more.
There are 5 sizes of Hotterdog Fleece. Please do be aware that these do not come in as many sizes as some of our coat type products so occassionally dogs can be in between sizing making it difficult to get a good fit. We have provided the actual lengths of the fleeces below and we always recommend taking a measurement of your dog to ensure an accurate fit. You must measure from between the shoulder blades to the base of the back where the tail bone starts. Sometimes if your dog is slightly longer than the size of the fleece you can still get away with using it. Our two spaniels measure approx 17" in length but they get away with using the small size fleece (which is 15.5" long). Pictured belowis Daisy in her Small Red Fleece and she is an average sized Cocker Spaniel. Sam is wearing his black fleece in the main photo.
If you are unsure about whether you will get a good fit for your dog feel free to drop us an e-mail or give us a call and we will try our best to help.
- Xsmall: back length approx 11.5" (generally fits dogs with a back length of approx 11 - 13" long but if your dog is over 11.5" best to check first before ordering)
- Small: back length approx 15.5" (generally fits dogs with a back length of approx 15 - 17.5" long but if your dog is over 15.5" best to check first before ordering)
- Medium: back length 20" (generally fits dogs with a back length of approx 19 - 23" long but if your dog is over 20.5" best to check first before ordering)
- Large: back length approx 25" (generally fits dogs with a back length of approx 23 - 26" long but if your dog is over 25.5" best to check first before ordering)
- X Large: back length approx 30" (generally fits dogs with a back length of approx 26 - 30" long but if unsure always best to check first before ordering)
We LOVE to see pictures of your dogs enjoying their new purchases. Thanks for sharing these with us!